Amid rumours about a possible move to Barcelona, Liverpool have moved to end speculation regarding Philippe Coutinho.

In a statement released on Friday morning, club owners Fenway Sports Group says no offers will be considered for the Brazilian.

We wish to offer clarity as regards our position on a possible transfer of Philippe Coutinho.

The club’s definitive stance is that no offers for Philippe will be considered and he will remain a member of Liverpool Football Club when the summer window closes.

Liverpool are reported to have recently turned down two bids for the midfielder. The first came three weeks ago, a £72m offer. The second of £90 million came this week.

Earlier this year, Coutinho signed a new long-term deal at Liverpool which runs until 2022.

Manager Jurgen Klopp had already told Sky Deutschland on Thursday that the player would not be sold at any price.

Liverpool is not a club that has to sell players. That is set in stone. So what they pay in the end doesn’t matter.

From a financial standpoint, there is no price limit to let him go. No price at which we are ready to give in.

Our goal is to have the best possible team. So we want to keep our guys and add new ones. That is our plan.

Picture credit: Matt Browne / SPORTSFILE

Watch: Pure Farce On Sky Sports News As John Salako Makes A Bollocks Of League Cup Draw

About The Author

Related Posts

Leave a Reply